Sunday, October 01, 2006

John 3:16



If you are a Christian, this is probably one of the first scriptures you memorized. And if you are like me you don't think about it much. But God brought it to life for me the other day. I've been in sort of a desert with my walk with God since about mid August, talking with God but not really spending anytime in His word. And it didn't help that I fell into a depression on my birthday which makes life a little harder. Usually during these times I go to a devotional book and God meets me there, that didn't work this time. So the other day I was on a search to find out what it means to honor your father and mother. My Bible concordance isn't that great so I didn't find what I was looking for but I did find that at the back of my Bible there is a section that has promises from the Bible and perspectives from the Bible so I started with the promises. The first one deals with God's promise of love and when you are dealing with a broken marriage you really need to know that you are loved.
One of scriptures was John 3:16. I didn't just read that verse but continued through verse 21 and for the first time in a month I felt that I was going to be okay. And God has brought me out of the dry place into a refreshing place of joy and peace. I stand amazed at how God brings His word to life right when we need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home