Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Time

Okay so before I had kids I liked it when the time changed in the fall. It meant an extra hour of sleep. Not anymore. For those of us who are not so fortunate to have their kids stay on their same schedule when the time changes. My co-workers says that the time change does not mess with her children's schedule. Well my kids are early risers to begin with. They feel that anywhere between 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning is a perfect time to get up. Well the time went back an hour so now I'm ushering kids back to bed between 4:30 and 5:00 in the morning. They don't want to be up because they are very cranky and feel the need to fight over any little thing. All I want is to sleep until I have to get up at 5:45 and start to get ready for work, fix breakfast and get the kids ready for school. Lets just say this morning when those little guys woke me up at 5:00, I lost it and the screaming and the yelling started. All I could think about was how tired I was and then how I have to go to work and deal with thirteen 2 1/2 year olds. Needless to say by 5:30 I was sitting in my room in tears. Oh I forgot to mention we were in all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday due to the fact that the boys had colds so nerves were already frayed. On with the story, so I'm crying in my room saying Lord I'm not going to survive. I'm tired and weary and these boys are driving me crazy. I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you remember the song that talks about sometimes God calms the storm and other times he calms his child. Well He calmed the storm today. Everyone made it to school and work with no more fussing and fighting. I only had 10 kids at work which is the perfect number. My co-worker and I actually had time for an adult conversation at naptime instead of running around like crazy people trying to finish our day and start on tomorrow. The boys were calm when they got home. We actually got to sit down together for supper and talk. We did Jonathan's Family turkey project and all has gone well until bath time. They had to get out of the tub early because of not getting along. And the fussing has begun again but they are getting tired since they were up at 5:00 this morning.

All I have to say is Benjamin Franklin why? Why have you tortured us poor parents with coming up with the idea of changing the time. And why congress did you see fit to go through with his idea so many years later? And lastly praise be to Jesus our Lord who answers prayers because we were truly in need today. Thank You Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home