Sunday, April 20, 2008

Don't Mind the Mess

Having a hard day today. It's Sunday, the Sabbath, yet it hasn't really been a Sabbath. I work really hard to keep the Sabbath whether I take it on Sunday or Saturday. I need a day of rest. And today I've struggle with the fact that there are always dishes in the sink, no matter how many times I clean the floor it is always messy by the end of the day, there is always laundry that needs to be done, and no matter how many times I ask the boys to pick up their toys there are always toys lying around. I gave up my anal and perfectionistic ways about a house when I had kids, but clutter still bothers me and stresses me out. A home should be about love and laughter, and the laughter is beginning to return as God continues to heal past hurts. And so I'm working on not minding the messes so much. I only have the boys for a season and will miss them when they are no longer under my roof.

Also I really looked at my boys church attire this morning. Jonathan went wrinkled from head to toe with dirty shoes. Nicholas was not wrinkled and had dirty shoes. My mom informed me he needed new dress pants because his were faded. I gave up on church shoes along time ago due to financial reasons, but today I'm thinking maybe they do need church shoes. They have two pair of tennis shoes each but they are always wearing them and getting them dirty. And then it dawns on me how blessed my boys are. There are children in other countries who don't even own a pair of shoes. Then I began to think does God even really care if your wrinkled with dirty shoes? He knows the week you have had. He knows you have been sick, and it has taken all the energy and grace from him just to make sure your kids have there basic needs meet. He knows the turmoil and drama that has occurred this past week. He just cares about what is in your heart. Do you love him and want to follow him?

So yeah my house is a mess, and my kids were wrinkled with dirty shoes this morning. But God wants me to rest this Sabbath and be happy that my kids made it to church to learn something wonderful about Him because they love him so. Well you are welcome over on Sundays anytime we'll feed you and have some good converstations, but you'll have to overlook the mess. I know God does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home