Gone Fishing
Jonathan wants to go fishing extremely bad. So our hopes are to get in a fishing trip this summer. Summer is moving by very fast though. Anyway so we watch fishing shows and pretend to fish. This morning we were pretend fishing, and it was a great opportunity to get in a Bible story. We talked about how the fishermen had been fishing all day and hadn't caught anything, and Jesus walked by and told them to cast their nets on the other side. They did, and there catch was so big that their net began to break. Isn't this true in life. Things aren't going the way we had hoped or planned, and Jesus comes along and says cast your net on the other side. Follow me and be obedient to what I want you to do. If we do that our cup runs over and we are blessed so much that our nets break. But you now what is the greatest joy of listening and following Jesus is that we get to bless others.
I guess you could say at 32 I didn't want to go back to school. It's not a lot of fun studying for tests and writing papers and working and raising two wonderful boys. Well raising the boys is fun. It's hard work. But when our lives fell apart Jesus walked by picked us up and said now cast your net on the other side. We did, and we have been blessed. And there are days when I sit in class or go to bed and it's been an awful day, attitudes have been bad and all we have done is fuss and fight, and I don't know if I can do it. But Jesus keeps asking me to take this journey with him and so I keep on moving forward. And everyday I stand in amazement of his mercy, forgiveness and grace.
So maybe when our day isn't going as we had hoped or planned, we just need to cast our net on the other side of the boat and go fishing.

1 Comments:
Great, and very true post.
You're a great friend Stacia!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home