Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cat Whiskers

So Saturday my mom asked me if one of the boys cut the cat's whiskers. I told her probably not because they tend to be scared of the cat. She has scratched them one too many times. On Sunday I asked both the boys if one of them cut Callie's whiskers, and they both said "no". I didn't think too much about it. Sunday night I was watching TV, and Jonathan was getting ready for bed when he comes to see me. Heartbroken and crying he tells me that he has lied, and he cut the cat's whiskers. I had to cover my mouth and turn around so he would not see me laughing. I mean the kid is heartbroken, and he has lied for some reason I found this funny. He went and told his Grammy what he did to the cat. I figured out what his punishment would be for lying and off to bed he went. I told him he needed to tell God he was sorry for lying, and oh the prayer that came out of his mouth. I wonder if I should have punished him at all he was so heartbroken. I'm just thankful that he listened when the Holy Spirit tugged at his little heart and he confessed.

His answer for cutting the cat's whiskers was that they were too long, and it bothered him. I'm thinking I have a very curious child, and when did he cut the cat's whiskers? I guess what was so funny about the whole thing was it was typical boy stuff. And I've talked to a lot of people. They say they cut their cat's whiskers when they were kids as well. I guess my childhood cats were lucky I never thought of that.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

I too have never, ever cut a cat's whiskers, or even thought about it.

Poor little Jonathan. You have a good boy.

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Aubrey said...

Oh, I thought about it. And continued to torment my feline children well into my adolescent years. It was always under the guise of a science experiment...do cat's really use their whiskers for balance? The world may never know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home