Friday, February 01, 2008

A Generation Gone Home

My great aunt Inez passed away yesterday. She was the last of my PawPaw's siblings. They've all gone home and are there with their parents. My MawMaw was the last of her siblings to go home when she past away 9 years ago. I think about the family reunion they all must be having in heaven and it makes me think about an old hymn.

When we all get to heaven
what a day of rejoicing that will be.
When we all see Jesus
we'll sing and shout the victory.
Well they are all singing and shouting the victory today. And one day for all of us that are still left to tarry for Jesus a bit longer in this old world we'll get to sing and shout the victory with them. Welcome home Aunt Inez. I'll be seeing ya.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Elisabeth said...

I'm so sorry about your Aunt. It's very sad when generations start slipping away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home