Therapy from a Swing
So this week has been the week from ____, you fill in the blank. Anyway I'm stressed out because I have a research paper due in a week and it will also be my last class for intro to research, praise the Lord. The boys have been grumpy all week because Nicholas is three and argues about everything. And Jonathan has entered the life is not fair phase. I'm just trying to keep my sanity. Not to mention that my poor co-worker was out last week because her whole family has had the flu and that meant that I had 11 to 12 3 year olds pretty much by myself except for a day and a half. But things could have been worse we could have had the flu. So as you can see I'm tired and stressed which does not make for a happy mommy or household.
Friday Jonathan left the house fussing at his brother and walked back in the door from school fussing at his brother. That was it I was not staying in the house and listening to the arguing for another evening so we went to the park. It was a nice day, not too warm and not too cold. We played for an hour and who new that swinging could be so therapuetic. It took me back to my childhood when life was less stressful. After the park we rented a movie and headed to Wendy's for supper. After we ate, we went home and the arguing started again. But at least for 2 glorious hours everyone got along and the boys were so tired that they asked to go to bed after the movie.
Oh and if you are wondering what they are arguing about, it's toys. You see Jonathan is the oldest but his birthday comes after Nicholas' by two weeks and that just is not fair. And tonight I bought Jonathan his birthday present which was a bycicle he went and picked out. Nicholas did not get a bycicle so now he is upset and life isn't fair. Learn the lesson early little ones. God never promised that life would be fair, but He did promise to be with us every step of the way. What an awesome blessing that hopefully my children will realize one day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home