Sunday, February 10, 2008

Honesty

Jonathan has started a 31 day devotional on honesty. We are on day 5 and I'm amazed at how much has sunk in. The children's director at church recommended the devotion for him. Well today he went to the bathroom and when he came out I asked if he had washed his hands. Well he said he forgot so he went back to wash his hands. Let me back track for a minute. You see he would always tell me he had washed his hands when he hadn't so we would always have a conversation about telling the truth. Today though while he was in the bathroom I heard him say I must tell the truth so I need to wash my hands. Guys my heart soared. He is getting it. The book talks about how good behavior makes you happy and how God wants us to always tell the truth even when it is hard because you will feel better in the long run. And it also talks about how God knows when you tell a lie even if you get away with it. We are enjoying this book. Thanks Joyce and thank you Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We also watched a Saturday morning cartoon last weekend when the boys were here that was about telling the truth. We had a little bit of conversation about it, but nothing too deep. I try to never miss an opportunity to plant little seeds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home